Tuesday, February 3, 2009

we passed!

after alot of organizing files, driving, and nervousness...we passed! the interview really was a breeze. i walked in with my pile of documents and photo albums (as requested) and the interviewer didn't even ask for ANY of it. i was a lil bummed because i was so stinkin' prepared. she simply asked us questions based on our application to verify who we were, reviewed our file a lil bit, and she was done.

ry, being his normal self, was asking alot of silly questions and joking around a lil with her {he asked if she went to a special school to do what she does. and then he made a joke about looking for terrorists. ahhh!!!}. i started laughing nervously and digging my nails into his leg because she wasn't even cracking a smile. i figured she wasn't very impressed. but after a few minutes she opened up. phew!

so...i should have my green card in 3 weeks!

thanks for all your sweet comments and support. i seriously love you guys. ALL of you!!!

God Bless America!! {and Canada}

9 comments:

robinm said...

yay!!! that means visits to Canada!! its been forever since we've seen you!!

Kimberly said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you and Ryan!!! This is an exciting thing for both of you and I bet Momma Musson will be happy to see you in Canada again soon!

hdawgy said...

Yay! Congrats girl! I'm glad you passed and it's all done!

Hilary said...

Hooray you won't be an alien anymore! Buwahaha..

AJ came with me to a job interview once, and afterwards joked with the lady about if I was going to get hired and paid a lot or something. Pretty embarrassing. Guys are obnoxious, I feel for you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. thats so exciting.

The Musson Family said...

Yahoo! She gets to come home. I'm so excited. But I want you to remember you will always be Canadian. LOL We can't wait for you guys to come and visit.

mary said...

Oh YAY!!! :) Congratulations Jacquie, and I'm o glad it was a breeze and not too difficult!!!! Yay for green cards & passing :)

mandy said...

congrats. One of my favorite memories of you is you singing at the top of your lungs "I'm proud to be an american"... and to think, that was like 5 or 6 years ago! ha ha ha

Gena said...

Yay! Congrats! Yahoo! Looks like your nerves were going all haywire for no reason. Easy breezy!! So glad all went well!