Monday, February 28, 2011

Answers

Blogger ~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~ said...

I SO want to know what your doing with your time! Especially in the winter! Do you have movies you can watch or no TV at all?! I would go nuts nuts nuts nuts nuts without internet or phone!

You’re so funny! Well, we do have a tv and xbox. I use it for doing workout videos and Ryan and I will occasionally watch a movie. Ryan uses it mostly to play video games. So…what do I do? Before noon I try to have scriptures read, workout in, do a little blogging and/or journaling, and some cleaning done. I listen to a lot of music. Feed Harper. Play with Harper. Bake A LOT, like pies, bread, rolls, cookies, etc. (which is having bad consequences) I make 3 meals a day which can be time consuming depending on what I make. We’ll go out to work with Ryan in the afternoons a couple times a week. Sometimes I get distracted playing angry birds, fruit ninja and/or spider solitaire on the itouch. I just took some of my craft stuff up last week to start some projects as well. The days really go by quickly…but they’re so relaxed and peaceful. And I get SO much done in a day compared to when I’m in “civilization”.

 

clip_image002

clip_image003Poulsen Family said...

When can I see you? :)

Well, you can come visit whenever! In a a month or so, we’ll be in civilization a little more often for a few weeks so maybe we can plan a date to meet half way and go for lunch or something? I want to see you!!!

 

clip_image005

clip_image003[1]Lindsey said...

Um, how many potatoes do you harvest in a year? HAHA, jk...Ryan already answered all my dumb questions : )
Oh, I guess one question: Do you ever get nervous about medical stuff out there in the middle of no where? Like what happens if someone gets hurt?
And a challenge: Can you please have you and Harper be wearing pioneer clothes and be sweeping the floor with a homemade stick and grass broom one of these days when Ry gets home...PLEASE?!?!?! And be sure to take a picture of his reaction.
I can't wait to take pictures of the ranch when we come, I am totally getting accustomed to my camera!

First off, you always make me laugh. If I had pioneer clothes I would totally do that!

When Ryan first presented the idea of moving to the middle of nowhere I did have a lot of anxiety about medical emergencies and stuff. But, I just pray everyday that we will all be kept safe and healthy. So far, so good! My biggest fear is if Ryan got hurt and I had to drive the icy roads back to “civilization”. They require some great skill to drive and I’m not sure I possess that great skill. So let’s hope I never have to worry about that! But I don’t really think about it too often. Maybe I should be more prepared…

 

clip_image007

clip_image003[2]Aunt Hama said...

I'm a little out of the loop, so I want to know what took you to a ranch in Nevada?

Ryan’s family owns a cattle ranch. It’s been in his family for several generations. They operate in Idaho and northern Nevada (about an hour away from the Idaho portion). Ryan decided that he wanted to come back and work with his dad doing what he loves. It’s also such a great place to raise a family. So he’s been put in charge of feeding the cattle through the winter on the Nevada side. We come back home (Idaho) on Sunday for church. The rest of Ryan’s family will join us in Nevada in June when school is out and haying season starts.

 

clip_image009

clip_image003[3]Kristina said...

I've wondered how you survive without internet and phone, and how much discipline it takes to only go to the store and do all your other errands once a week. Is Harper just a really good, patient baby? I'm lucky if I can get a good half hour of shopping out of my son, so I end up taking multiple trips a week (and using a lot of gas). I really have been thinking of you (guiltily) when I go somewhere twice in two days!

I’ve decided that I LOVE not having the internet and phone. They are such distractions and keep me from doing anything productive! It’s way easier than I thought it would be. As for shopping, I do a menu plan every week and make a list of everything I need. Mondays we’ll go shopping and get it all done. Depending on what I need (and how much of a shopping mood I’m in) and what other errands I have to do, it will take anywhere from 15 min to 3+ hours. I go to the Super Walmart if I need groceries and other things. If I just need groceries, I just go to Smith’s. I’m all about one stop shopping. Harper has been AMAZING (so far). She seriously sleeps from the moment we leave the driveway until we get back home. I really don’t think she’s ever been awake. I’m sure that will change though. But’s it’s nice right now.

But basically I just have to be prepared. I know that I can only go once a week, so I just make it work. If I forget something, it just goes on the list for next week.

2 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

You better call me when you come back to civilization more! I can't wait to get together!!!

Kristen said...

Ryan is so lucky to have found you! And vice versa, since you love it so much. These were fun Q&A's!