Monday, January 24, 2011

a good night.

Over the last week we’ve been doing some sleep training. We thought it was time that she learned to fall asleep in her bed and not need to be rocked to sleep. It has gotten progressively better, but last night {tues. jan. 19} rocked!

We put her to bed at 9:30pm. She was wide awake when we put her down but there were no tears. {She’s been crying anywhere from 15 min to 1 hr until she’d fall asleep}. She woke up at about 5:30am to eat and went back down shortly after 6am. At 9:40am, I thought I heard her make a noise, so I went in to check on her. She was wide awake when I walked in and she greeted me with the BIGGEST smile.

Now, that is what I’m talking about. I love my baby girl!!

5 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Keep with the schedule and she'll do great!

Kristen said...

Congrats! That's huge! And it's not just her that's amazing. It takes a lot of discipline and trust from the parents. Stick with it and you'll all be happy. =o)

robinm said...

apparently she sleeps better than dean. thats amazing so young though. we just started sleep training the past few weeks and its been working. I wish I'd started younger like you are. so good job.

The Musson Family said...

I'm so happy for you. There is nothing like a good nights rest. Good work you three.

Lindsey said...

That's awesome!!! Way to go Harper!